Friday, September 29, 2023

Custom Tasha Doll from GBBO

 I was so excited when I saw that the Great British Bake Off has a Deaf baker this season.

Tasha looks like a very sweet and talented baker. I am very hearing impaired, so I love seeing the representation.

I decided impulsively that I wanted to make a custom doll of her. I wanted a blue eyed Joss mold with dark blonde hair.

I was really lucky. I was able to find a blue eyed Joss mold for sale.


This is the doll that I used as a base for Tasha. She has a straightened Caroline wig. I think she has modern Rapunzel vibes in this picture!

I found the perfect wig available at Zazou wigs. It was the last wig in this color.




Here's my first picture of Tasha the doll! With a picture of real Tasha next to her for comparison.

I need to make her a beige apron.

I look forward to watching this season of GBBO and cheering the real-life Tasha on.

I also look forward to spending time with my adorable new doll!

One thing to be aware of is that Tasha speaks British Sign Language. It is a totally different language than American Sign Language. I think it's sad that different English-speaking countries have different sign languages, which further isolates their Deaf speakers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...