Thursday, September 28, 2023

Pattern review: Eden Ava Couture Hawaiian Sundress

 I bought an embroidered top at the thrift store, and I could immediately envision the doll dress that I wanted to make with it.

I used the Eden Ava Couture Hawaiian Sundress pattern. It matched very closely to the dress that I had in my head, and it was easy to use.

The difference is that I made the bodice an inch longer, in order to utilize more of the beautiful embroidery. I also made the neckline a V to echo the embroidery.

The material of the blouse was difficult to work with as it was thin. It turned out very well, though.


I love this dress! I wish that I had finished it before summer ended. I had a very busy summer, however, and I ended up getting COVID at the beginning of September.

This dress cost me very little because I bought the blouse at the thrift store that sells clothes by the pound. It probably cost me less than a dollar. If only all my doll clothes were so cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...