Monday, April 29, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it!

I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern.

This one is the Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler Coat.

It has a lot of pieces!

But that's not the reason I made it last. I just couldn't find fabric that I was happy with to use as the trim. I debated several options, and just decided not to do the trim.


Like the Double Cape pattern, the pelerine is removeable from the cape. So if I decide that I hate the red I included, I can replace it by making a new pelerine. Easy peasy. It's fun to know that you can switch looks up and that decisions are not irrevocable!

I am happy with how it turned out!

This coat reminds me of the Thimbles and Acorns A Long Winter Coat. I know that I have made that coat, but maybe I never posted it to the blog, because I can't find a post to link to.

Anyway, the coats are from a similar time period, and they are both long coats that are fitted at the top and flare out at the bottom to make space for women's skirts. If you wanted to make a group of carolers, you could utilize both patterns for some variety!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...