Monday, December 4, 2017

Pattern Review: Genniewren Mackenzie Dress

I really wanted to make Nisha a change of clothes from her meet dress, and here it is!


This is the Mackenzie dress, designed by Genniewren on Pixie Faire.

I really liked its clean, elegant lines and thought that it looked especially good on A Girl for All Time dolls.


It felt weird to be sewing a  sun dress in November, but there are not many patterns for modern clothes for A Girl for All Time dolls that I like, and none with long sleeves.


At one point, I thought the bodice was going to be too tight, but it was not.


This dress came together quickly and easily. I did not need to use the instructions at all. I am happy with how it turned out.

 Here is a back view.

I can recommend this pattern and will be making more dresses from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Pretty Pilgrim

 I posted about sewing the  Keepers Dolly Duds Pilgrim Boy pattern  and turning it into a folk costume from the German city of Braunschweig....