Sunday, December 24, 2017

Twas the night before Christmas

 Can you see the pickle ornament Anne is holding? It is a little clearer in the second picture, without the tree behind it.

The pickle ornament is a German tradition. The tree is decorated on Christmas Eve. On Christmas day, the first child to spot the pickle ornament is the first to get to open a gift.

Anne is putting the pickle on the tree before everyone goes to bed.


It's a very charming tradition. The problem is, I don't know any Germans who actually practice this tradition.

Nonetheless, I own a pickle ornament because a friend bought one for me, so when I saw this tiny doll sized pickle ornament at a Christmas market, I had to buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...