Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Mini Books: Laura's Little Loot

I love dolls, and I love books. My job includes books. I never leave the house without a book.

So when it comes to books for dolls, I am pretty obsessed. I want my dolls to have all my favorite books, and that despite the fact that AG dolls can barely hold a book in their hands. I am held back only by common sense and budget.

Luckily, there's a shop for that.



Laura's Little Loot makes custom mini books in several sizes. She does an amazing job. The books look just like full scale one.  You can choose to have a book with text inside, or with blank pages. The ones with blank pages cost less.

Laura's Little Loot respects copyright laws. That means that she only prints the full text of a book if the book is in public domain. If you want a book with text of one not in the public domain, like Harry Potter, she will put a summary of the book's events inside its pages, but not the original text.

Here are the pages inside Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, which summarizes the book:



I have placed many orders from this shop, and never been disappointed. You have to be patient; it might take a month or two for your book to be completed. In return, she has been patient with me when I could not immediately log in to my Paypal and pay her.

I chose to have the covers from first editions on my books when possible. They also have dust covers.

Kit is helping me model the mini books.


She enjoys Alice in Wonderland.


Zia loves Anne of Green Gables.

Here is a look at the text inside Anne of Green Gables:


Kit reveals how she can read books published after her time period by peeking into River Song's journal from Doctor Who.


(This one actually just has blank pages- but the pages look parchment-y, just like River Song's real journal.)



Laura Ingalls is really proud to show off the Little House on the Prairie Collection.

It even has a picture of her inside!

I have also gotten Day Dreams by Kenneth Graham, The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowlings and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis.

I do try to keep in mind that my dolls are only 10 or 11 when I pick out books, which is why these are all kid's books so far.

My wish list is a lot longer, including The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery, Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie, A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett... I could go on.

In fact, it's probably time for me to place another order!

So, if you like the mini books in the new American Girl Nighttime Accessory sets, but can't afford the $40 or so each to buy all of them, send an e-mail to Laura's Little Loot at lauraslittleloot@hotmail.com and she can hook you up with any mini book you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Pilgrim Boy

 So when I set myself the goal of sewing ALL of the Keepers Dolly Duds patterns, I was not very enthusiastic about making the patterns for t...