Saturday, July 25, 2015

Quints

I am going to date myself a bit here and share some of my childhood dolls.

These are the quints.



They were made by Tyco, and I got them in June 1991. I can be extremely specific, because they were a gift when my brother was born. It was more appropriate than the giver knew, because my brother looks exactly like one of the boy dolls.

Now, if you can count, you can see that one of the boy dolls is missing, the blue one. He was my favorite of the two boys and I live in hope that he will turn up some day.

These dolls are tiny, about an inch and a half. My sister and I used them to play Barbies. Our Barbies always had soooooo many babies.

They did not come with the pajamas- I got those separately. They came naked.



I also had, God knows why, plastic toy cats for them that were the right size and shape that the dolls could ride on them like they were ponies. Those cats are long gone.

Their legs and arms are jointed and they can turn their heads. They are pretty standard joints, and not surprising that they don't have more articulation. After all, they are extremely small.

The quints are in far from mint condition- their hair is mussed, and they have dirt on their faces. I do not care. These were play dolls, and they show it. No big deal.

I had names for all of them and I have forgotten them, but one of the boys I called James, and the yellow girl was called Cynthia.

There were other quints that were brunette or African-Americans, and slight variations, depending on the year they were produced. I am not an expert on these.

I still really like my little quints. Like I said, I'd love to reunite the whole set someday.

5 comments:

  1. I had quints too! I loved them so much. I had the little bathtub sets and the dogs I think LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had them! Loved them so much. Had that exact same set in the 90s. I had the ski outfits, the birthday outfits, the sleeping bags all sewn together, and the babysitters. I also had a different set that could pee and it made their number show up on their diapers as they got wet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The accessories made for these guys were amazing! I saw toilets for them being sold on ebay! But ski outfits?! How could babies go skiing? LOL. On the other hand, we who grew up on Muppet Babies were used to these stretches of the imagination!

      Delete
  3. I also had them! Loved them so much. Had that exact same set in the 90s. I had the ski outfits, the birthday outfits, the sleeping bags all sewn together, and the babysitters. I also had a different set that could pee and it made their number show up on their diapers as they got wet...

    ReplyDelete

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape

 I made the  Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape. Mine is blue, like the one on the pattern cover. I like blue. This pattern has three pieces: th...