Monday, May 23, 2016

Pattern Review: Heritage Doll Fashions Wrap Top Dress

I have wanted to make Kanani a sun dress from this fabric for ages.

I chose to use Heritage Doll Fashions Wrap Top Dress, available from www.pixiefaire.com.





This dress has a lovely, classic look, which could just as easily be used for Maryellen as for a modern doll.

To emphasize the lovely construction details in the bodice, I used a piping along all on the seams in the bodice. I like the look of the navy blue with this shade of purple. The piping was .75 inches by width of fabric.

I may have overdone it with the piping, though. If I did it again, I might leave out the second to bottom piece of piping. It annoys me a little bit.



The instructions for the pattern were easy to follow and result in a nice, clean, finished bodice.

I did not use the pattern pieces for the skirt that belonged t the pattern, because I only had a small piece of fabric. Instead, I cut a rectangle for the skirt, 6.5 by 25 inches. It works.



I think that this is a great look for summer for Kanani. It  reminds me faintly of McKenna's Fancy outfit, with a bit of tropical flair.



I was able to do Kanani's hair thanks to a tutorial from Wren*Feathers, and I am very pleased with the outcome! I am sure I will get better at it as I practice.

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I really like the contrast that the piping provides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job you have done with this pattern! And her hair is perfect for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Disney Animator Sundress

 I made a quick sleeveless sundress for the Disney Animator dolls.  I used the pattern   Requiem Art Designs Disney Animator Toddler Basic D...