Friday, May 27, 2016

Pattern Review: Wren*Feathers Viking Outfit

I made the Wren*Feathers' Viking outfit. This is a tweak of her Princess Costume patterns.




The outfit consists of a white under dress, a blue double-sided apron, and a white cap.




I really like the way it turned out.

I was also surprised to find out how many colors the Vikings had available in terms of color dye. You can read more about this here.


 Anneliese looks really adorable as a Viking maiden.



 Here is a view from the back:


I like the way this outfit turned out.

The pattern was challenging for me, but it came out well in the end. I like the old metal buttons that I had on hand to use as brooches on the apron front. I would sew this again, especially now that I know how to do it!

7 comments:

  1. That turned out nicely!

    Have you made any of the other outfits from the princess set? I was just looking via the link you shared, and it looks like quite a variety of options in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am working on the Renaissance princess outfit now.

      Delete
  2. It turned out beautiful! It is really going to bring out the blue in Signe's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sweet. I love the two colors that go together so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The person who commissioned the dress picked the colors.

      Delete

Disney Animator Sundress

 I made a quick sleeveless sundress for the Disney Animator dolls.  I used the pattern   Requiem Art Designs Disney Animator Toddler Basic D...