Saturday, January 28, 2017

Auf Wiedersehen, Patience?

Robert Tonner has announced that all of his non-movie lines are being retired.

You can read the announcement here.

This means that we are saying good-bye to a lot of different dolls, including Ellowyne and Patience.



I was so glad to see Patience back from retirement, and doubly sad to see her go again.

She is a really special doll, with her moving eyes and poseability.

The only problem I had with Patience was that all the dolls had the same face mold, and all of them were Caucasian. In fact, I sold my Through the Woods Patience, above, because she looked just like Dorothy, whom I still have. I think the line would have sold more dolls if there had been dolls of different ethnicity.

Patience is already gone from the Wilde Imagination website.

It's a good thing that I can celebrate the return of the Hearts for Hearts dolls!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape

 I made the  Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape. Mine is blue, like the one on the pattern cover. I like blue. This pattern has three pieces: th...