Thursday, March 25, 2021

Hearts for Hearts Doll Dell

 Every once in a while, I buy a doll or doll accessory and set it aside to open on a day when I really need a perk-me-up.

I bought Hearts for Hearts Dell when Target was carrying the Hearts for Hearts dolls, two or three years ago. They only had Rahel and Dell in stock, and I already had Rahel.

I was curious to see what the reissued Heats for Hearts dolls were like, and there was a coupon to use on one toy from the toy section.

So I got Dell, and I just opened her this week.

Hearts for Hearts dolls seem to have gone back into retirement again. I really wish they had issued Syrian doll Aya first. I loved the pictures of Aya from Toy Fair.

Here are the pictures of Dell's box:




And here is Dell!


I hadn't realized her eyes were so teal. They are beautiful.

She has such an interesting face. Dell looks almost sweet and sulky at the same time.

I hate camo, so I immediately threw her hat into a drawer.

I love her shoes and blouse, though.

Dell was never one of my high priorities to collect from Hearts for Hearts. She's the only white doll that I own from this line.

Still, I am glad that I got her when I did. She and Nyesha are the only Hearts for Hearts dolls that I own from the second release, and they are just as nicely made as the first release dolls.

I should try to take a group picture soon.

2 comments:

  1. Have any of your Hearts for Hearts dolls' eyes turned colors? I've heard horror stories about these dolls and their eyes that turn grape juice purple with time, but I haven't seen it with my Mosi yet. How are your girls faring?

    I just love Dell! She actually would've been my pick if I could've found her...but I couldn't. You've got a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My H4H dolls all have their original eye color. I have read that it was only the very first H4H dolls produced that have the eye issue, so hopefully mine are all safe.

      Delete

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...