Friday, August 13, 2021

Pattern Review: Bonjour Teaspoon Taylor Regatta Dress

 My mom wanted to use this old shirt of mine as a rag to wax the car.

I had to rescue it. I love the colors on it. I also have a fond memory of holding my co-worker's baby while wearing it, and the baby was was mesmerized by the shirt and kept patting it.

I was worried that the print would be too big for dolls, but actually it looks great. It has larger designs and smaller designs o it, which I think helps.

This pattern is the Bonjour Teaspoon Taylor Regatta dress.

The skirt uses a lot of fabric, so this dress used up a lot of my shirt.


This was easy to sew, but I think it's a rather sophisticated look. I also think it works for several ages, whether your dolls are younger or teenagers.

I am really pleased with this pattern, and would be up for making it again in a different fabric. It's rated as an easy pattern, and I concur with that.

Knits are not always easy to sew, but I find that sewing knits that are re-purposed from human clothes work better than sewing knits that are bought from a fabric store. They seem stiffer. I also think it helps to use larger stitches with knits.

I got several pieces of doll clothes out of this shirt, you will be seeing the other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Pretty Pilgrim

 I posted about sewing the  Keepers Dolly Duds Pilgrim Boy pattern  and turning it into a folk costume from the German city of Braunschweig....