Saturday, August 21, 2021

Red, White and Blue Skirt

 This skirt took me less than five minutes to make.

That's because all I had to do was add a seam.

So, obviously, I didn't make it from scratch.

It was actually originally a skirt for a baby. I found it on clearance for $1.

I just had to add a seam to narrow the waist by about four inches, and voila, a new doll skirt.

I think it's a fun look.

The red elastic at the waist is wider than I would have chosen for an AG doll, but it really works.

It would have been a lot more work to make something like this from scratch, and the material would have cost more, too.


I don't make a big thing about dressing my dolls for the Fourth of July, but one of them will be wearing this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...