Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Removing Painted Eyelashes

 I knew that when I got Maritza and Makena, I would want to remove their painted eyelashes. These have been a sore spot with me ever since Nanea, and I particularly dislike the ones on the World By Us dolls.

Luckily, I saw a post on a forum about using "Windsor & Newton - Brush Cleaner & Restorer" to remove markings from doll vinyl. I bought it at Joann. It cost $8, but I was able to use a 50% off coupon. The cleaner was in a locked case at the store I went to, and I had to get an employee to unlock it so I could buy it.

I used this on the dolls with a toothbrush, so I could control where the fluid went.

I used a dry paper towel to wipe their faces clean after removing any sections of face paint.

I was able to use this successfully on Maritza, Makena and Corinne.




I like all three doll much better this way! I think it looks best on Makena in particular. It makes her look older.

Funnily, one of my friends misunderstood me and thought I was removing their eyebrows.

She said she thought that this was a bad idea, but she was going to support me anyway. I agree, it would have been a bad idea! Although I wish that Maritza's eyebrows were slightly higher on her forehead.

Usually, when I get a new doll, I enjoy them a bit as they come before I make any changes.

 But I knew that this was a change that I wanted, and I am very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...