Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Pattern Review: Keeper's Dolly Duds Amy's Jumper

 I was gifted some beautiful Christmas fabric. I have been using it to make many different doll dresses.

I am posting the dress made from Keepers Dolly Duds Amy's School Jumper first, because it is the first time that I made this pattern.

The colors in the fabric made me think of Addy's American Girl Christmas dress. Of course, that is a classic that can never be replaced- but this dress is lovely too.

I was so intimidated to make this pattern! It looks so complicated!

But it was beautifully easy to make. 

Unusually for KDD patterns, the blouse and the jumper are two separate pieces.

I love this!

This means that you can reuse the same blouse and match it with lots of different jumpers.

It also means, if you are low on energy, that you can make half of the outfit and still have a finished piece to show for your effort.

I actually ended up hating the red embroidery that I used on this blouse. It reminded me of a mariachi band, which is just not the look that I was looking for.

So I will be making another, plainer blouse to use with this jumper. I didn't put buttons on the front of the blouse because I disliked it so much. It is so hard to find buttons in the right scale.

It would be easier to make this pattern with fabric that isn't striped. I went to great effort to get the stripes to match up on the front of the jumper.

I really loved this pattern, and now I want to make lots of different outfits using this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...