Monday, April 17, 2023

Thrift Store Find: Addy Walker

 This weekend, I had my best thrift store find yet.

The store has three places where I sometimes find AG: a shelf where more expensive items are displayed, a shelf where porcelain dolls are piled, and a shelf where play dolls like Cabbage Patch and Our Generation are piled.

The porcelain doll shelf was really full, so I was pulling dolls out and looking at them just to be thorough.

On the bottom of the pile was this beautiful Addy, and she was marked as $3.99.

I grabbed her and I ran straight to the checkout. I did not breathe until she was stored safely in my trunk.

I think that the collection of an adult doll collector was donated to the Goodwill. Most of them were porcelain. Addy was on a stand like the porcelain dolls and was priced as though she was one of them.

Addy is a Pleasant Company doll. I think from the way that her wig is made that she is a first edition. I think she has been sitting on a shelf untouched for all these years. The elastic in her pantaloons gave out, but that's normal with age.

A Tale of Two Addys

One of my friends found a Pleasant Company Addy for $25 earlier this year. She lives further south than I do, so when we found out that it was snowing here today, she suggested that we take pictures of our Addys enjoying different weather on the same day.

Here is my Addy:



Here is hers:


I think hers looks like she has sunburn across her nose!

I am really in love with my Addy and so happy. Now I have two Addys, Beforever Addy and Pleasant Company Addy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape

 I made the  Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape. Mine is blue, like the one on the pattern cover. I like blue. This pattern has three pieces: th...