Friday, January 15, 2021

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds 1927 Coat

 I made the Keepers Dolls Duds 1927 Coat pattern.

I am very pleased with this pattern. 


I actually made this coat twice for myself, in red and in green.

I wanted to see how they both looked on this doll.

I would have preferred a darker green, and I may try that yet.


I liked the pattern. It made a very elegant coat.

I didn't realize that the coat has a kick pleat in the back. That was the hardest part of the pattern. I kept reading the directions. BUT once I got to that step in sewing, it was clear enough what I needed to do.

The finished kick pleat looks so good! I keep turning the doll around to look at it.

I also want to share a picture of the lining, because I love the fabric that I used. The print was a little large for an AG dress, but it looked good as the coat lining!


I am very happy with this pattern and the coats that I made from it.

I know I am making a lot of coats. It's cold here, and the snow makes the perfect background.

One of these days I should try making the matching hats, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Pretty Pilgrim

 I posted about sewing the  Keepers Dolly Duds Pilgrim Boy pattern  and turning it into a folk costume from the German city of Braunschweig....