Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Pattern Review: Simplicity 8111

 I made the Tenth Doctor's Coat from Doctor Who. Finally!

I have had the pattern for ages.

Then I actually sewed this several months ago, but didn't have the courage to made the buttonholes.

I have added the buttonholes, and it's done!

Mara is modelling the coat here.

As you can see from the sleeves, I used a blue lining to match the Doctor's coat.

I added real pockets instead of just decorative tabs. The Doctor has to keep his screwdriver somewhere!

It has a kick pleat in the back of the coat.




This picture shows Mara's feet, so you can get a better idea of the length.

I felt that with this coat's construction, it needed to have real buttonholes and I couldn't cheat by adding velcro instead. You could put snaps under the buttons, but they would be visible when the coat hangs open.

I am really pleased to have this coat in my collection, and I made it myself! An accomplishment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Consuelos

 Here's a comparison of my two Hearts for Hearts Consuelo dolls. The one on the left with the purple eyes  was a recent thrift store fin...