Friday, July 5, 2024

Pattern Review: Heritage Doll Fashions Panel Dress

 I have had this pattern for years, and have been waiting for the perfect fabric. 

Well, I finally went with "good enough." I was thinking of making it with the red and blue checked fabric, but I decided that with the curvy pattern pieces, this would work better with a less geometric print.

And I think I was right, because looking at this dress with the flowered print, I can't even see where the seams are.


The pattern pieces fit together perfectly, and they fit the doll perfectly as well.

I did one mistake, which was totally mine. I sewed the neckline shut before I added the collar. So I had to unpick it and add the collar. I think that the extra work was worth it!

Yes, I have been sewing for Julie a lot lately. I just have been thinking sundresses, and I guess that the 70s had a lot of sundresses? Or I am really inspired by that red and blue checked fabric. Either one.

Makena also got to have a turn at modeling the dress!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Skirt for Mini Molly!

 I joined a challenge on Ravelry to sew doll clothes for the mini dolls. It worked out perfectly. I bought this mini Molly last year. She ha...