Thursday, July 11, 2024

Sundress for Kavi

 I found a remnant at the thrift store, about 24 inches wide, of this beautiful eyelet fabric.

I immediately knew that I could make a stunning doll dress out of it.

It was so hard to choose, but I decided I wanted to make a sundress out of it that would be classic and rather bohemian.

I knew the skirt would be longer to show off all of the beautiful white-on-white embroidery.

I really debated what pattern to use, but used Liberty Jane Peplum Top.

I added a bit of a sewn-in slip, so that her undies wouldn't show.

And here it is.



I love it on Kavi, it is perfect with her dark hair and eyes!

I wish I had this dress in my size!

I also wish I had more of this fabric. I can think of at least two more projects I could make with it.

Kavi is actually reminding me a bit of Emmy Rossum in Phantom of the Opera, so maybe she needs a Phantom dress. She loves musicals, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frieda Fun!

 Frieda is one of my favorite Ruby red dolls. I love her braid, her pincurls, her sunny smile. My only complains is that her braid is fallin...