Saturday, September 25, 2021

MCM Sale Report 2021

 This year's sale was online.

I had a pretty good entry time at 10:45 am. The sale started at 9 am.

I was able to log in and start promptly at 10:45.

There were a lot of Create Your Own dolls left.

They had 350 CYOs this year. I went through the whole list and made a list of the ones that I liked best, as well as saving pictures for future reference.

I found three that I really liked still available. I decided to buy two CYOs, both Jess molds.



There was a third Jess mold that I liked, medium skin with brown eyes, but three of them was a bit much for my budget, as they are the highest priced item.

I also bought a second Joss for myself to customize, or possibly to give to a younger cousin. 

I got a JLY #62 for a friend. I had two friends ask me to pick them up a doll. Due to the limit of only four dolls per customer, I had to turn one down. (I'm sorry!)

I skimmed the accessories really fast. I didn't want someone else to buy my CYOs while I was looking.

I only ended up getting Blaire's piglet from the accessory section.

Then I checked out only five minutes later.

The search function was really my friend here. Since I had a long list of my favorite CYOs and had marked them in order of preference, I could easily search for my favorites. I also used this to grab the JLY # 62.

This went really smoothly for me and was a good experience. I know this is partly because I had an early entry time.

I was really pleased with what I got, and I didn't even have to drive to Madison. (Yet. That comes later.)

There was a second sale at 5 pm.

This was originally billed as a book sale, where you could buy AG books at leisure without worrying about missing out on the dolls you wanted.

However, they had dolls left over, and they were available for purchase. they even had CYOs still available!

I ended up buying two more dolls, since the prices were reduced. And that was an act of will power.

You could only buy eight at a time, but you could make as many purchases as you wanted.

So I actually bought six dolls, five for me, one for a friend. 

This is a lot of dolls!

Here's the post I wrote about picking up my MCM dolls.

Here are the blogs I wrote about previous MCM benefit sales.

Here is a link to my blog post on the MCM sale in 2023- the very last MCM sale ever.

2020 Benefit Sale

2019 Benefit Sale

2018 Benefit Sale

2017 Benefit Sale

2016 Benefit Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape

 I made the  Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape. Mine is blue, like the one on the pattern cover. I like blue. This pattern has three pieces: th...