Thursday, September 13, 2018

Pattern Review: Simplicity 8575



Julie doesn't get much attention at my house. That's why she was over-the-top excited to get a new dress!


This is made from Simplicity pattern 8575.
Simplicity Pattern 8575 18" Doll Clothes


It was a pretty easy pattern.

I will say that I didn't MEAN to make long sleeves. The sleeve pattern piece had two lengths marked on it, and I didn't see that.

However, I spotted it in enough time that I could have shortened the sleeves. I decided that there are not enough doll clothes patterns with long sleeves and this would be a perfect dress for autumn this way.



I also had trouble feeding the elastic through the neck hole wherever there was a seam. I ended up having to rip out stitches and re-sew them once the elastic was in place.

I am not a huge fan of elastic in doll clothes because eventually the stretch will give out. This happened to my Felicity's shift neck, for example.

I did not make the small corset shown in the pattern. I think this dress would look cute with a small brown corset around the waist. Julie's braided belt is a good substitute for right now.


I am happy with this dress and happy that Julie has something new to wear!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Consuelos

 Here's a comparison of my two Hearts for Hearts Consuelo dolls. The one on the left with the purple eyes  was a recent thrift store fin...