Sunday, December 17, 2023

Nautical Dress for Melody

 I love nautical dresses, sailboats, canoes, kayaks, you name it.

I found this fabric at Joann's Black Friday Sale. It looked 1960-ish to me, and I immediately wanted to make Melody a dress with it.

I used the Keepers Dolly Duds Town and Country pattern. I have used this pattern before, but I always used the view that had a ruffle.

This time, I used the tab view with the collar.

I found three small metal buttons in a button collection that I got from my mom. They were perfect for what I wanted!

I was really happy with how the dress turned out.

When it's on Melody though, I feel like the round collar makes her look like she has no chin. 

I have noticed the same thing with the collar on the Eden Ava Couture 1930s Vintage Dress. I just feel that this collar is not flattering on AG dolls.

Overall, I am happy with this dress. If I make this view of this pattern again, I think I will leave teh collar off.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...