Thursday, December 7, 2023

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Setting Sail

 Today is Pearl Harbor Day. My great uncle Ralph served at Pearl Harbor on the USS Macdonough.

By coincidence, Nanea got a new outfit today.

I made Keepers Dolly Duds Setting Sail. I love nautical clothes and sailor collars!

I think that maybe this pattern is meant to be 1950s, but I feel like it works for Nanea. After all, her meet outfit includes shorts. She would probably wear capris.

My favorite part of the outfit is the hat! 

Isn't it weird how trying a new thing can be intimidating? Last year, I realized that I could sew doll coats, and I made tons of them and was surprised that I could easily do this. Now I feel the same about doll hats.

This hat was so quick and easy to sew, and it is so adorable! I love it!

I do feel like the buttons that I used were slightly too big. I cut them off a blouse from the thrift store.

It is hard to find buttons at AG scale, and even harder to find five of them that match. Hardest of all seems to be small white buttons. It's easier to me to find them in color at Joann. They don't seem to make them in white.

The blouse is slightly loose on Nanea, even though I did all the the cute, tiny little tucks. It's fine, though.

I did not do the eyelets on the capris. I have had trouble adding them in the past, it would be more things that I would have to go out and buy to make it work. The capris are plainer without it, but it's fine.

I am very pleased with this outfit, and glad that I could finish it by Pearl Harbor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...