Monday, December 11, 2023

Melody's Christmas Dress

 I am a huge fan of Keepers Dolly Duds. Once I master one of her patterns, I want to use it over and over again.

So it is not surprising that I made a new dress for Melody and used the Keepers Dolly Duds Town and Country dress pattern. I have used it before.

AG has a lovely Christmas dress for Melody, but her grandparents technically give that to her for her birthday, which is New Year's. So I really see that one as more of a New Year's dress, and this one is more Christmassy.

I added long sleeves to the pattern and used the ones from the Keepers Dolly Duds Downtown 1920s dress. Melody lives in Detroit, so it's cold in December! Three quarter length sleeves might have been more trendy for the 1960s, but warmth is important too.

The funny thing to me is that the red ruffle blends right in with the stripes in this fabric.

I am really happy with this dress.

I love that Addy and Melody now have Christmas dresses that match, but are also appropriate for their respective historical eras.

Here is a link to a different version that I made of this same pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...