Saturday, December 9, 2023

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Downtown 1920s Dress Pattern

 I have made the Keepers Dolly Duds Downtown 1920s  Dress pattern before.

Apparently, though, I didn't post about the pattern on the blog before. Oops.

The pattern looks so fancy. It was easier to make than it looks.

I really love patterns where you can combine two different fabrics in contrasting colors, so I love the pleats in contrasting colors in this pattern.


I really ran with the color play this time. I made Claudie and Phryne matching Christmas dresses. Both dresses use the same fabric. I just swapped which fabric is the main focus. It makes a big difference in the way the dresses look!

The hardest part of the dress is probably the piping. I cut the piping extra long, ironed it before I sewed it, drew the line the sew along on the fabric, and clipped extra fabric carefully. It didn't turn out perfectly, but it turned out pretty well.

Phryne got the green dress to match her eyes.

Claudie got the striped dress because it's Kwanzaa colors, and to match with Melody and Addy.

I am really pleased to have made Christmas dresses in such a timely manner.

I often end up making doll clothes out of the season they are meant for. At least dolls don't outgrow clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...