Sunday, June 9, 2024

Doll Joy Joy Dress- almost finished

 I made the Joy Dress from the Doll Joy pattern maker on Pixie Faire.

The repetition in the pattern name and the pattern maker name is a bit annoying.

Anyway, I was really excited to get this pattern as a Freebie Friday, thank you.

I made the pattern sized for 14.5 inch to 15 inch dolls.



Sadly, I don't totally 100% like this pattern.

I like the sleeves, they are really cute. I love doll clothes with long sleeves!

I thought that the neck was too big on Stella, and it would be better with a narrower neck. Which I can fix next time, but not this time.

The dress is meant to be a very loose fix around the waist. It looks cute in pictures, but it bothers me in real life.

The material for this dress is from a blouse I got at the thrift store. I like the fabric.

All I have to do to finish this dress is finish the bottom hem. I have not yet done so.

For one, thing, I do not want the dress to be any shorter than it is. Next time, if I ever make it, I might make the bottom ruffe a half inch longer to compensate for that.

And as I said, the loose fit around the waist bothers me. I am tempted to cut the whole thing shorter and add a fitted waist. Or even make it into a blouse.

Anyway, I can't make up my mind what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepers Dolly Duds Tea with the Governess

 I found this lovely coral fabric at the thrift store, and I immediately knew that I wanted to go Regency with it. I used it to make my seco...