Monday, June 24, 2024

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Pilgrim Bartholomew Part One

When I saw pictures of Ruby Red Fashion Friends Pilgrim Bartholomew, I laughed out loud, and thought, that's one doll I will never want, that beard is ridiculous!

I saw someone call him "Beardy Bart," which is perfect, really.

But there was a sale on him, and I really wanted a Luca mold, and I decided that maybe I could customize him into a girl.

I dampened the beard with rubbing alcohol, gripped it at the bottom, and pulled it off. That left glue and hair on the face. 

I used acetone nail polish to remove the glue. I washed the face after using acetone, as it can damage plastic. The acetone also removed the face paint on the lower face.


There is still a faint yellow line on the face. You could try micromesh to remove it, but I think I am going to count on covering it with a face up.

I plan to do a face up with very glam red lips and rosy cheeks, but it may be a while before I have a chance to buy the proper art supplies. I'm glad I don't have to do the eyebrows, those are my least favorite.

When the doll is done, it will be a girl. I am thinking of naming her Bertha. I think it's a pretty name, and it is similar to Bartholomew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepers Dolly Duds Tea with the Governess

 I found this lovely coral fabric at the thrift store, and I immediately knew that I wanted to go Regency with it. I used it to make my seco...